Welcome

Personal blog and comfy corner of Lyra Rhodes: musician, cake aficionado, whinger...maybe just a place where I can stuff things (words!), rather than them falling down the back of the sofa

Saturday 15 June 2013

Fullness

Emotional "fullness". That's what I call it. That feeling of being full-to-burst...of a real need to experience beauty, creativity, just SOMETHING...
To drive through the Austrian mountains, to sit in St Marks Square (Florence, not Manchester).
Why is this important?
Well, philosophising about life feels...well...fake? Why is it necessary? Why not just sit, and knit, and have a cup of tea and maybe a custard cream?
Well, I *do* do that!
But sometimes...it just isn't enough.
Maybe tomorrow I'll consciously work on some unfinished songs, or start that novel/life-story I threaten to write. It might be something. It might be - whilst not unique - interesting.
Hmmmm.

No comments: